After wrapping up his sedentary responsibilities as a student Michael Dally committed to a career, free of degenerative work environments. After graduating with a degree in Mechanical Engineering from San Diego State University he took a year off in pursuit of a vision. It was during this time that he received the inspiration to develop Earth Runners from the the Tarahumara Native American Indians of Northwestern Mexico. Since its launch in 2012 Earth Runners has been leaving its footprint in the minimalist footwear marketplace.
InsideTracker is a personalized health analytics company founded by leading scientists, physicians, nutritionists and exercise physiologists from MIT, Harvard and Tufts University. The InsideTracker platform tracks and analyzes key biochemical and physiological markers and applies sophisticated algorithms and large scientific databases to determine personalized optimal zones for each marker. InsideTracker’s expert system offers science-driven nutrition and lifestyle interventions that empower people to optimize their markers. When optimized, these marker levels have been scientifically proven to increase vitality, improve performance and extend life.
In this podcast, Logan Christopher and Brandon Amalani discuss one of the major models of Chinese medicine and Taoism, the Five Element Theory. This includes:
- The Origination of this Model
- The Five Tastes
- 5 Positive and Negative Emotions
- 12 Yin and Yang Meridians
- How the Flow and Control Cycles work
- The 5 Elements as Personality Types
- The Circadian Rhythm of the Five Elements
- Differences between Chinese and Ayurveda and Western Herbalism Elemental Theories
- Examples of Herbs Nourishing Elements and Meridians
- How to Support the Earth Element in this Oncoming Season
- And much more
Click the link below to access the complete transcript.[spoiler]
Logan: Welcome to The Vital Way podcast. I’m Logan Christopher and today we’re going to be talking about the five elements. Joining me is Brandon Amalani who you may be familiar with. He was on our podcast just a couple of episodes ago where we talked a lot about schisandra. We touched on the five elements there and Brandon and I were talking some more and said it would be good to do an episode fully devoted to this because it’s really a foundational element of the Chinese medicine model. So we’re going to be talking about all different aspects of it, how it relates to many different things and how to really put it into use in your life in using herbalism as well as other things as well. So welcome to the call, Brandon.
In this episode Logan details his recent adventures traveling to the Amazon rainforest in Ecuador and visiting indigenous peoples. This includes:
- Heeding the Call of the Amazon
- The Perception of Nature as Dangerous and Scary
- How the Simple Life can be Superior to Our Own Complex Lives
- Becoming Westernized to Fight Westernization
- The Three Levels of Foresight with Tobacco, Ayuhuasca and Datura
- Why Saving the Rainforest may be Cliche…but is Very Important
- The Dream World as Real as Reality
- What is Shamanism?
- The Value of Vomiting…Daily!
- And Much More
This episode showcases some very personal things from Logan. Your comments and questions are always appreciated.
Check out the blog for articles on these topics and more as well. Here’s a few recent ones, with more to come:
Meredith Shirk is a National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified personal trainer, Fitness Nutritional Specialist, with a Magna Cum Laude Degree in Biology and self-proclaimed scientific research geek.
For the past decade, Meredith has been passionate about achieving peak performance. She helps her clients achieve this at Svelte Training in Malibu, California.
- What is the Aphrodisiac Secret?
- Why Aphrodisiac means much more than just Sexual Function
- Libido Enhancing Coffee?
- The Miracle Tree
- The Importance of Rotational Training
- Benefits of Running in the Sand
- Oysters are Great for the Immune System
- The #1 Thing to do when Stressed
- Male and Female Sexual Differences and Similarities
- How to Find What Works for Your Body
- Working in your 3 Foot Space
- And Much More
Brandon Amalani is partnered with Pioneer Valley Naturals as the exclusive distributor of the only American-Grown Organic Schizandra currently available. This is where our Schisandra comes from and in this podcast we dive into many of the benefits and uses of schisandra.
- The Energetic Signatures of Each Flavor
- Tai Chi for the Body…in an Herb
- Activating Intracellular Glutathione
- A Body System Breakdown of the Three Treasures
- When NOT to Take Schisandra
- The Benefits of the 50+ Lignans
- How Schisandra Benefits the Reproductive and Endocrine Systems
- Anti-Estrogenic Phyto-Estrogens
- How to Balance Yin and Yang in Your Herbal Program
- Making Schisandra Tea
- The Growing, Harvesting and Concentrating Process of Schisandra
- And Much More
Click the link below to access the complete transcript.
Damon Cart is considered to be a natural talent by some of the best NLP trainers in the world. His approach to guiding and teaching students brings to their awareness that they’ve been doing NLP all of their lives without realizing it and he empowers them with skills and resources to thrive and reach their full potential. Located in Santa Cruz where NLP was founded Damon teaches and coaches clients locally as well as Silicon Valley and throughout the Bay Area. His passion is guiding people through transformation to achieve joy, fulfillment, passion and greater personal and career performance.
Danielle Brooks is a Nutritional Therapist, Clinical Herbalist, Professional Speaker, and founder of Redmond Nutritional Therapy, Lake Washington Massage Therapy, and Good Decisions Inc. She is also the author of bestseller Good Decisions…Most of the Time,
Danielle’s approach to diet combines nutritional science and the psychology of food and reminds us that looking at our relationship with food is as important as the food itself. She is always looking for new and effective strategies to help her clients self govern effectively around food and emphasizes that food should be enjoyed not something we feel guilty about.
COLLIN CAVOTE is an entrepreneur and the founder of Biome, a cleantech company that eliminates air pollution through plant wall installations. After dropping out of business school in 2008, his intuition led him on a five year journey to the rural coast of Washington, into the Ark
ansan Ozarks, and eventually back to school in a self-designed major at Drexel University. On his winding path he developed a deep affinity for and fascination with the wide-ranging abilities of nature, which defines his current philosophical and professional trajectory.
Joe Weaver grew up in the 50’s on a small farm in the middle of the US where he learned the value of physical labor and persistence. In the 60’s he became a hippie, learned to meditate, do yoga and started working out with weights.
In the 70’s he moved to Fairfield, Iowa and earned a degree in Business from Maharishi University of Management where he meditated twice a day with over 2000 other seekers of enlightenment.