Dr. Karl Maret discusses details on the science and benefits of chaga mushroom.
- The symbiotic relationship with the birch tree.
- Chaga is Chemistry and Energy
- The benefits of Chaga as a complex living pharmacy
- Mushrooms as Functional Foods
- The difference between storage, structural and immune polysaccharides
- How Chaga effects the humoral immune system more so than the cellular immune system
- Melanin is what is the main difference between Chaga and other medicinal mushrooms and what gives it its color
- Melanin may steer the organization of the human body. They’re looking at human photosynthesis as melanin absorbs the light spectrum.
- Biophotons and the semi-conduction of the human matrix.
- Protective from microwave and gamma rays
- How wild chaga is different from cultured (different forms of melanin)
- Anti-aging properties of Chaga
- The memory effects of Chaga by inhibition of acetylecholinesterase activity, keeping you acetylecholine working longer in your brain
A discussion of many of components isolated from Chaga:
- Polysaccharides including Beta Glucans (Immune Enhancement, Anti-Tumor, Blood Sugar, Cell Communication)
- Inotodiol (Apoptosis Restoration)
- Betulinic Acid (Anti-Viral, Anti-Tumor, Immune System, Eczema)
- Melanin and Chromogenic Complexes (DNA Repair, Detoxification, Radiation Stress)
- Polyphenols (Antioxidants)
- Triterpenes (Anti-Inflammatory)
- Fucoglucomannan polysaccharide has immune system adapting properties
- Heteroglucans help with blood sugar
- Trametenolic acid
Although Dr. Maret seems to think the water extracted Chaga is best, he does say that an alcohol extract pulls out different components. It is probably best to get both so you get the full spectrum of components in chaga mushroom. Get our 8:1 wild chaga dual extract powder here.
As a performing strongman he once pulled an 8,800 lb. firetruck by his hair, juggled a kettlebell that was lit on fire, supported half a ton on top of himself in a wrestler’s bridge position, and routinely bends horseshoes and rips decks of cards in half.
Acclaimed as both a visionary and breakthrough author, Logan has written countless works on natural living, culminating in his self-proclaimed magnum opus, "Powered By Nature - How Nature Improves Our Happiness, Health and Performance.” Says longevity guru Peter Ragnar of the work "His passion is contagious! His words fire one's spirit to reconnect with nature's intelligence."
He is Co-Founder and CEO of Lost Empire Herbs, which aims to bring performance herbalism into everyday people’s lives.
When Logan isn't working to save the planet and transform modern herbalism, he busies himself as a consultant to the space program. In his spare time he enjoys memorizing the Fibonacci sequence and bowling perfect games.