A customer asks,
“Do you have any herbs grown in the states or are that all sourced from China?”
As I’ve talked about before China is a boogeyman, for some very valid reasons too, but that doesn’t make everything from there bad. We do independent lab testing on all ingredients which is shown on our product pages.
Secondly, I did get my start in herbalism with Chinese medicine. And, as makes sense, most Chinese herbs come from China. So we do rely heavily on these for Lost Empire Herbs.
But not exclusively. We’ve never been JUST a Chinese herb company. Later on, I studied Ayurveda and Western herbalism too.
I do want to point out that for obvious supply chain reasons, we are making efforts to do more USA based herbs in the future. This is the plan, though we want to do that without disrupting our current offerings as long as we can.
Still, I realized we didn’t have a complete breakdown on where our herbs came from. Here’s the complete list, with the single herbs listed by country source first, followed by the worldly formulas. Note that this covers where the herbs are originally grown, not necessarily where they are processed.
- Ashwagandha Spagyric Tincture
- Nettle Root Spagyric Tincture
- Blue Vervain Spagyric Tincture
- Tulsi Spagyric Tincture
- Mushroom Alchemy Spagyric Tincture
- Mushroom Brain Spagyric Tincture
- Beet Juice Powder
- Pine Pollen Powder and Tincture
- Nettle Root Powder Extract
- Lion’s Mane
- He Shou Wu Powder and Spagyric Tincture
- Black Ant
- Horny Goat Weed
- Pearl Powder
- Shilajit Powder and Resin
- Tongkat Ali
As for formulas, those are more complicated as we mix and match the above.
- Stag Swag – USA and China
- Thor’s Hammer – Mayalsia, China, India and Tibet
- Phoenix – China and India
- Spartan – USA and China
- Hercules – USA, China, and India
- Athena – USA, China, Tibet and India
- Goji & Schisandra Tincture – USA and China
- Chiron Immunity Tincture – USA and China
This list will stay updated over time.