We recently upgraded our rhodiola to a higher quality, organically grown and processed version.
As mentioned before, one of our goals at Lost Empire Herbs is to constantly seek out higher quality herbs. We are never going to “settle” or compromise the quality of our products because of laziness or lackadaisical attitudes.
If you have had any experience with Rhodiola, you will be able to tell from the smell when you open your bag that this stuff is potent.
Extracted with both water and alcohol, so there’s a guaranteed potency of some of the active components including salidrosides and rosavins.
In reading one report by the American Botanical Council regarding the benefits and uses for rhodiola, it went into why this herb is an excellent candidate to explain what an adaptogen is and how it should support the body.
- An adaptogen should be innocuous and cause minimal disturbance of the normal physiological functions of an organism;
- The action of an adaptogen should be nonspecific (i.e., it should increase resistance to adverse influences of a wide range of harmful factors of physical, chemical, and biological nature);
- An adaptogen may possess normalizing action irrespective of the direction of the preceding pathological changes (i.e., if a body parameter is high, the adaptogen brings it down towards normal; if a parameter is low, the adaptogen brings it up towards normal).
Rhodiola supports the emotional and physical states of the body which inevitably becomes worn down through chronic stress-induced fatigue.
Our bodies are not meant to be in a constant mode of stress. You can read further into this matter from the article on the adrenals and the importance of adaptogens under the Health Index page.
Yes. There are healthy levels of stress, but it is certainly not what is deemed okay in the society we live in today.
When the body is plagued with stress, when we allow a lifestyle of being overworked, under-nourished, sleep deprived and either up or down, in the past or future, hungry (because we have skipped breakfast or vital meals) or too full from overextending our stomachs that are desperately seeking nutrition and not the processed “fluff” that becomes harder to avoid on a regular basis…This is not the type of stress that keeps our bodies healthy.
Fortunately, the awareness that is rising in the athletic and health world has bridged the gap between this stress-ruling phenomenon of ALL those who are experiencing it.
It is great to know many are evaluating their situations, eating habits, exercise habits and starting to address that being completely fatigued on a daily basis is not okay.
This is why rhodiola is highly revered as a liberating adaptogen.
- It naturally acts as a stimulant for those suffering from detrimental, chronic fatigue
- It increases the ability for mental work
- Aids in recovery from physical/mental work
- Provides support for sexual function
“In a double-blind placebo-controlled study of 60 foreign students at a Russian high school, administration of a Rhodiola rosea extract (660 mg/day of a preparation named Rodaxon) resulted in an increase in physical (velergometric) work capacity, coordination, kinesthetic sensitivity, and general well-being along with a decrease in psychic fatigue and situational anxiety.”
Unfortunately, that study did not provide specific amounts of rhodiola used in that preparation or active components so its hard to say what you would need to achieve similar effects.
That means you can keep your body performing at optimal levels for much longer without damaging the adrenals from toxic installments.
If you want to experience what your body and mind feel like when they can persevere through long workouts and trials of everyday life, rhodiola is a perfect candidate for you to tap into your unlimited resources and full potential.
Adaptogens like Rhodiola differ from other stimulants during forced, exhaustive muscular work. With classical stimulants, the initial increase in work-capacity is followed by a period of substantially decreased (markedly below average) work-capacity. Repeated use of such stimulants will ultimately deplete the brain catecholamines and will decrease conditioned reflexes.
In contrast, with extracts of Rhodiola rosea, the initial increase in work-capacity is followed by a lesser diminution, such that the work-capacity continues to be above average.
Rhodiola can provide support and help almost anyone.
Great for athletes.
Great for people who use their brains (do you?)
Great for EVERYONE who has ANY stress in their lives.
The herbs are here for you to use as a pillar to stand on while building the solid foundation that we need in our lives.
The stronger your health foundation is, the harder it is for obstacles, ailments and near anything to knock you down.
Rhodiola is a perfect herbal companion to help tap into the strength and prowess within you so that you may easily face any situation in daily life and to launch into new realms of accomplishment.
- Brown, R., Gerbarg, P.L., Ramazanov, Z., Rhodiola rosea: A Phytomedicinal Overview HerbalGram. 2002; 56:40-52 American Botanical Council
- Panossian, A., Wikman, G., & Wagner, H. (1999). Plant adaptogens III. Earlier and more recent aspects and concepts on their mode of action. Phytomedicine, 6(4), 287-300.
Latest posts by Logan Christopher (see all)
- Most Mushroom Products Aren’t What They Claim - December 9, 2017
- Are Capsules Good for You? - November 28, 2017
- Lion’s Mane – Which is Better? Water or Alcohol Extract? - November 9, 2017
- Dosage with Herbs - October 30, 2017
- How Long Does It Take For Herbs To Work? - October 10, 2017