It has been established by the experts that almost every disease which occurs in the body is a result of gastrointestinal disturbances. It is said to be Ayurveda’s primary principle which was laid around 5,000 years back.
The digestive tract undoubtedly is the major source for all human beings to draw energy. It does have the capability to extract required energy from food that is consumed. But, if there is an anomaly for some reasons, then it would lead to a specific condition called ‘ajirn’ according to ayurvedic terminology or indigestion. It can be a small problem that occurs frequently to every person. However, if it is regular in nature, then it can be a chronic problem. Indigestion may cause several conditions that are given below:
- Abdominal pain
- High levels of cholesterol
- Appetite loss
- Low immunity
- Low vision
- Skin ailments
- Ailments related to liver
There are many, who suffer from digestive problems for quite a long time and have accepted it as their fate. But, there is a remedy called ‘Triphala’ that is often helpful in such health related issues. This is regarded to be a wonder herbal drug and comes from Ayurveda. There are three major ingredients that go into making this drug, which are haritaki, bhibitaki and amalaki. They are termed as Terminalia belarica, Terminalia Chebula and Emblica officinale in biological terms.
Triphala extract benefits
The benefits of Triphala are as follows:
- It tends to act as an anti-oxidant agent and prevents free radical formation present in body. Triphala’s property assists in preventing the early signs of aging such as premature hair graying and wrinkles.
- It assists in regularizing normal peristaltic movements, which is important for proper food passage from one organ to the other. It aids in food digestion in the right amount of time.
- It acts as appetizer.
- It stimulates effectively the liver to function to its optimum level. It also assists in bile juice secretion necessary for fat metabolism.
- Helpful to reduce plaque formation in arteries, hence diminishing the risk of heart problems that are caused as a result of arteriosclerosis.
- It maintains appropriate cholesterol levels in the body and prevents deadly and fatal heart problems. It curbs LDL (low-density Lipoprotein) formation.
- It effectively suppresses all types of infection and prevents body infections and related diseases.
- It helps with appropriate secretion of the endocrinal system, which is responsible for maintaining proper homeostasis in the body and to help functioning of physiological processes.
- Triphala is a mild laxative and, therefore, assists to evacuate the bowel. Therefore, it is termed to be a great body detoxifier that facilitates toxin expulsion from the body.