Triphala is considered to be an herbal preparation that comprises of three major ayurvedic herbs. This drug is used primarily as a digestive stimulant and is said to provide multiple benefits to those who use it.
- Digestive stimulant
- Relieves constipation
- Diminishes blood sugar level
- An anti-inflammatory
- Detoxifies blood
- Strengthens eyes, especially in regards to conjunctivitis, glaucoma and cataract
- An anti-stress, anti-oxidant having anti-cancer properties
About Triphala Powder
It belongs to Ayurvedic remedy and is categorized as Rasayana, which is essentially a preparation that is created from a combination of numerous pure herbs. The fruits of the herbs that are used to create Triphala are Bhibitaki, Haritaki and Amalaki.
- Amalaki is rich in Vitamin C and is a natural detoxifier and anti-oxidant. The amalaki fruit is dried and is useful in treating dysentery, diarrhea and hemorrhage. Also, it is anti-bacterial and the astringent properties present in it, prevents many types of infection while helping to heal ulcer and utilized as laxative for relieving constipation for piles. Moreover, it can be used for treating atherosclerosis and leucorrhea.
- Bibhitaki possesses several antibacterial properties. It is quite useful for treating diarrhea and piles.
- Haritaki is an appetite and carminative stimulant having several medicinal uses. Also, it helps in chronic fever, piles, diarrhea, chronic cough, anorexia and other symptoms and complaints.
The herbal fruits help in improving digestion, assimilation of food nutrients and promote internal cleansing. Triphala is said to have significant medicinal value and a natural detoxifier, anti-cancer and anti-bacterial properties.
Effects on Constipation: It is considered to be a gentle laxative, helping to get relief from constipation. It is quite ideal for the elderly and those having highly sensitive digestive system. Triphala, when consumed regularly can relieve chronic constipation, but without the harmful side effects. It is completely natural and hence, is actually not habit forming. Also, the stomach is cleaned and no harmful effects have been noticed on stomach flora.
- Intestinal stimulant and digestive support: It is regarded to be a natural tonic for digestion. It improves appetite while promoting digestion. It detoxifies the stomach and the intestinal tract. Also, it diminishes flatulence, gas and acidity, while improving nutrient absorption and appetite, regularizing functioning of digestive system and enhancing general metabolism.
- Detoxifies blood and diminishes blood sugar level: It balances the blood sugar level and enhances hemoglobin levels and red blood count in the blood. Triphala removes undesirable fat that is present in the body and has anti-mucus and anti-cholesterol properties.
- Anti-stress, anti-inflammatory and a rejuvenator: This wonder natural drug has several anti-inflammatory properties that are prescribed for gout, joint inflammation conditions and arthritis.
Being Vitamin C rich, intake of Triphala on a regular basis is sure to boost immunity. It does have effective anti-aging properties, enhances skin tone, complexion and assists in relieving from mental stress. Researchers have proved that Triphala does have anti-cancer properties and functions well as a general health tonic to improve digestive tract performance along with other body parts.