This video goes over the endocrine disrupting chemicals we’ve put into the environment and its effects specifically on human males.
“We are conducting a vast toxicological experiment in which our children and our children’s children are the experimental subjects.” Dr. Herbert Needleman
The Disappearing Male is about one of the most important, and least publicized, issues facing the human species: the toxic threat to the male reproductive system.
The last few decades have seen steady and dramatic increases in the incidence of boys and young men suffering from genital deformities, low sperm count, sperm abnormalities and testicular cancer.
At the same time, boys are now far more at risk of suffering from ADHD, autism, Tourette’s syndrome, cerebral palsy, and dyslexia.
The Disappearing Male takes a close and disturbing look at what many doctors and researchers now suspect are responsible for many of these problems: a class of common chemicals that are ubiquitous in our world.
Found in everything from shampoo, sunglasses, meat and dairy products, carpet, cosmetics and baby bottles, they are called “hormone mimicking” or “endocrine disrupting” chemicals and they may be starting to damage the most basic building blocks of human development.
Some shocking stats and facts from this video:
- Sperm counts have been cut in half worldwide in the past 50 years.
- Up to 85% of that sperm that is produced is abnormal.
- There are over 90000 man made chemicals.
- Sexual organs in alligators are a third of normal size in heavily polluted Florida
- The younger you are the more problematic these problems are, with unborn babies likely suffering the worst. There’s been a 200% increase in male genital defects.
- Miscarriages are increasing especially with boys.
- Since 1970 this has added up to almost 3 million fewer boys.
- Since 1976 the US government has banned just 5 chemicals.
- Of the 80000 chemicals in use over 85% have never been tested for their impact on the human body.
(This video is over five years old. While obviously still relevant, the numbers on these stats has surely changed to some degree.)
Phthalates and Bisphenol-A (aka BPA), two of the worse offenders that we know about, are explained in more depth, including the common places you’ll find them.
Of course, these chemicals are effecting females as well, it’s just that they may be worse in some ways for males. But everyone needs to know about these endocrine disrupting chemicals.
- You MUST lower your exposure to these chemicals. Avoid plastics, pesticides, most body and hair care products, and other pollutants as much as possible.
- Make sure your detoxification pathways are working well so your body can get rid of these chemicals, since you can’t avoid them completely. (Watch the Ultimate Detox Protocol and read this Detox article.)
- Fortify your own endocrine system and detoxification pathways with herbs like pine pollen and schisandra.
As a performing strongman he once pulled an 8,800 lb. firetruck by his hair, juggled a kettlebell that was lit on fire, supported half a ton on top of himself in a wrestler’s bridge position, and routinely bends horseshoes and rips decks of cards in half.
Acclaimed as both a visionary and breakthrough author, Logan has written countless works on natural living, culminating in his self-proclaimed magnum opus, "Powered By Nature - How Nature Improves Our Happiness, Health and Performance.” Says longevity guru Peter Ragnar of the work "His passion is contagious! His words fire one's spirit to reconnect with nature's intelligence."
He is Co-Founder and CEO of Lost Empire Herbs, which aims to bring performance herbalism into everyday people’s lives.
When Logan isn't working to save the planet and transform modern herbalism, he busies himself as a consultant to the space program. In his spare time he enjoys memorizing the Fibonacci sequence and bowling perfect games.