Shilajit powder is a blackish-brown exudation derived from the Himalayan rocks, of variable consistency. It is obtained from steep cliff sides and rock formations. In fact, shilajit during pregnancy is considered to be a super food and is the staple medicine used in Ayurveda, the conventional Indian system of healing and health maintenance.
Benefits of Shilajit Powder during Pregnancy
- Shilajit powder is very rich in minerals with fulvic acid, amino acids and humic acid which help with digestion and immune system functions in pregnant women.
- Thought to have ushan virya, the hot potency, this substance may suppress pain and also be an anti-inflammatory agent. As it is dry and light, Shilajit also helps to suppress arthritis, bronchitis, anemia, depression and stress in pregnant women. The overall mental and physical functions of the body have more vitality when this herb powder is used every day.
- This remarkable herb which is thought to be the key to immortality restores the pain of chronic conditions in pregnant women to normal conditions by improving the body functions and speeding recovery to a sense of well-being.
- While extracting Shilajit from the rocks, it is done in cool temperatures. It contains 85 different minerals which include 61 percent of its mineral content being fulvic acid. It is loaded with a small amount of minerals not common in our food supply, and is essential for transferring vital nutrients in the body.
- Moreover, shilajit, also called Moomiyo, increases sexual as well as spiritual power the same force which is exhausted by stress and anxiety in pregnant women. Vitality is renewed by Shilajit. Being the most vital mineral of Ayurveda medicine, in its raw form, it is a sticky substance which is compacted organic matter mainly dark red and bitter in taste.
Today shilajit extracts are used exclusively in Ayurvedic medicine for treating a large number of disorders, which include cardiovascular, neurological, immunological, gastrointestinal and endocrinological diseases. While considered safe to use, it is advisable to consult your doctor before using shilajit during pregnancy.
It turns out that, shilajit is sometimes used by pregnant women who have diabetes. Dr. Michael Hartman says that shilajit has proven to substantially lower blood sugar levels. Diabetic patients should be aware of this because they might have to compensate for this action by reducing their dosages of insulin so as to avoid hypoglycemia. If your pregnant and have diabetes, you might want to take shilajit supplements.
Can shilajit be taken during pregnancy?
If very little uric acid is eliminated it may build up in the body, causing illness like gouty arthritis and kidney stones. This can be improved by using this natural herb. While shilajit has been used for numerous years in conventional medicine, a few modern research studies of its effects on the body exist. To date, there aren’t any safety studies involving not taking shilajit during pregnancy or breastfeeding women. As such, shilajit may be used by pregnant as well as lactating women, but please make sure to talk to your doctor first before taking any supplement during pregnancy.