As members of 1% for the Planet, we are committed to giving 1% of our gross profit to sustainable and nature based charities.
We previously talked about that here, shortly after joining.
And then we discussed the first charity we’re giving to, Pachamama Alliance, in this post.
I also traveled with this organization to the Amazon in Ecuador, so I got to see firsthand some of the work they’re doing supporting indigenous peoples and the rainforest itself.
With 2016 in the books we’re happy to have sent them 1%, which amounted to $9217.33.
We share this with you, because without your patronage we couldn’t have done this.
And to share an example of just one possibility of what this money will do:
“$2,000 supports 8 different indigenous federations with monthly expenses to maintain an office and do their ongoing work to effectively serve as a governing body for their indigenous nationalities.”
And we look forward to writing even larger checks in the future, with your continued support.
P.S. If you’d like to know more about the work of the Pachamama Alliance, and perhaps even donate yourself, you can go here.
Latest posts by Logan Christopher (see all)
- CRISPR Babies and GMO Foods - January 4, 2019
- Deer Antler Velvet Extract: Benefits of Spray, Tincture, Powder Supplements For Men - December 22, 2018
- Natural Treatment For Diabetes-Induced Erectile Dysfunction - December 1, 2018
- Gut Health Study: How Triphala and Probiotics Extend Life by 60% - November 13, 2018
- Should You Take Herbs When Fasting? - October 30, 2018