New Limited Batch 350 Bottles of Logan’s Private Reserve He Shou Wu SPAGYRIC Tincture
– One of the Most Effective Anti-Aging Herbs on Planet Earth in Tincture Form –
Our He Shou Wu Extract Powder is our eighth most popular item at Lost Empire Herbs. As one of, if not the top, anti-aging herbs in all of Chinese Medicine, it’s no wonder it’s so popular.
If you want all the details including the legend, the science (including references), its effects on hair, and more, read our main page here.
According to a quick search, this may be the only commercially available He Shou Wu Spagyric Tincture!
He Shou Wu is a potent well-known Jing herb. In Chinese Medicine, Jing is considered the most important of the three ‘treasures,’ the other two being Shen (spirit) and Chi (flowing force). Jing’s primary role is to nourish, fuel, and cool the body. It is believed Jing resides in the kidneys, one of the most vital organs according to TCM.
Limit of 2 bottles per customer
Benefits of He Shou Wu Include:
- Supports Liver and Kidney Detoxification*
- Promotes Hair Growth and Color*
- A Mild Sedative said to Calm the Nervous System*
- Shown to Significantly Increase Levels of SOD (Superoxide Dismutase) in the body which is a Powerful Antioxidant that Protects DNA from Damage*
- Supports Blood Building and Blood Cell Health with Iron*
- Helps Modulate Estrogen*
- Strengthens the Kidneys and Adrenals*
- Aids in Mental Clarity, Learning and Memory*
- Can help with Low Back or Knee Pain (as these are associated with Kidney Deficiency)*
- Immune System Support*
- Slows Degeneration of Glands*
- Helps Strengthen the Muscles and Tendons*
- Many people report Improved Sleep*
- Inhibits Formation of Advanced Glycation End Products (AGEs)*
- Anti-Mutagenic Effects and Improves DNA Repair*
- Protects Skin from Photoaging*
- Increases Nitric Oxide and Endothelial Health*
- Improves Mitochondrial Function*
Can I be honest with you?
I like our He Shou Wu powder. It is something that I consume on a daily basis in my coffee, along with Chaga, Maca and Cistanche.
That is true. AND I wish we had an even better He Shou Wu but we haven’t been able to locate a better powder supplier yet…so instead I set out to make my own TOP SHELF Quality tincture. Besides, I prefer tinctures anyway!
As I dove deeper into herbalism, I learned about the REAL art of alchemy (not turning lead to gold, what most people think it’s about) specifically the spagyric arts with herbal plant material.
The idea behind a spagyric tincture is that the “salt” is added back in, which normal tinctures completely lack, just having the “mercury” and “sulfur” compounds. (Please note these are the philosophical elements, not to be confused with the chemicals by the same name. I’m trying to explain this in a way that doesn’t take an hour or more of training!)
“Salt,” as the most earthy part, in reality, the mineral matrix of the plant, makes the tincture more embodied…which in turn helps it to better work within your body. This is why you can often get better results with a lower dosage on a spagyric tincture vs. a regular tincture.
Quality and Processing
The He Shou Wu roots used for this tincture come from China. They are prepared in the traditional way by cooking in black beans, making it more medicinal than raw roots.
These roots are USDA certified Organic.
The roots were then tinctured for over six weeks in a menstruum made with:
- Organic Cane Alcohol 40% ABV
- Fresh and Filtered Spring Water, sourced from the Santa Cruz Mountains
After pressing the roots, they’re calcined and ground down into a fine white ash, then further extracted with distilled water and a gentle evaporation process until crystals are formed. These purified “salts” are added back into the tincture to finish the process.
The He Shou Wu “salts” had an interesting characteristic I haven’t seen from other herbs. In the evaporation they literally crawled up and over the lip of the vessel as shown in the picture here.
In Chinese Medicine, the color BLACK is associated with the energy JING. In other words, many things black in color are good for supporting your Jing.
This tincture is a deep beautiful black color.
In addition, it has a strong SALTY taste. This taste is associated with the Water Element, specifically the Kidney Meridian, which is the storehouse of Jing.
The recommended dosage is one dropper daily. This comes in a one-fluid-ounce bottle, so there are about 40 droppers per bottle. At the recommended dose a bottle will last about 40 days.
This dose is just a starting point. You can modify the dose up or down as you best see fit.