We are more familiar with the common name ‘stinging nettle’ when we refer to nettle root. Stinging nettle grows in many parts of the world, nevertheless has its origin in Brazil and Europe. The ‘stinging’ tag is labeled with it since it delivers sharp stinging burn when the stem gets in contact with skin. The healing properties of this innocuous plant are well documented in various cultures and folklore.
What is Nettle Root Powder?
It is used in powdered form as a supplement to treat prostate problems. The medicinal properties of the root are used for numerous treatments. The proven traits in being the helpful herb for men on prostate and urinary tract problems comes in handy to vouch for this improvised health supplement. The healing capabilities of nettle root powder are implied in a large range of domains.
- Nettle root powder is used for benign prostatic hyperplasia for men over 40. It is a dangerous medical condition which leads to prostate ailments.
- It helps reduce blood pressure because of its hypotensive properties. Nevertheless, it’s advisable to use it as supplement with other drugs.
- It promotes urinary low and healthy urinary tract. It goes hand in hand with improving prostate health.
- Respiratory health is enhanced as reports suggest when Nettle root powder is used.
- Nettle Root powder is also used as the bodybuilding supplement under some circumstances.
- The powder can help hair regrowth and prevent hair fall by controlling rate of DHT production in the biological system.
Formic acids, amino acids, butyric acids, caffeic acids, carbonic acids, coumaric acid, chlorogenic acid, formic acid, linoleic acid, palmitic acid, quinic acid, pantothenic acid and succinic acid forms the acidic component of the powder. None of these acids are harmful to the biological system. Minerals, chlorophyll, tannins and vitamins are also contained in the molecular compound. Histamic, lectins, lignans, lecitins and some more chemicals form the core plant of powdered form of nettle root.
Word of caution:
Diuretic actions of the product may lower blood pressure, hence using it as a supplement with other blood pressure reducing drugs is not recommended. Kindly consult your doctor and Food and Health Administration of your locality before using the powder.