Once I saw this new research report come out, I knew I had to share it with you.
One complaint we get is around our mushrooms being a bit more expensive than competitors on the market.
Well, you see, you get what you pay for.
A new study titled, “Evaluation on quality consistency of Ganoderma lucidum dietary supplements collected in the United States,” looked at reishi products from the marketplace.
They tested 19 different batches of products, looking for the triterpenes and polysaccharides, which are the main components that give reishi it’s far-reaching effects. This was done using scientifically validated methods such as chromatography.
What did they find? In their words…
“The results showed that the measured ingredients of only 5 tested samples (26.3%) were in accordance with their labels, which suggested the quality consistency of G. lucidum dietary supplements in the U.S. market was poor, which should be carefully investigated.”
5 of 19 samples passed the test. That means that almost three quarters of the samples were not quite what they said they were.
A large part of the problem is that many mushrooms are made from mycelium, not fruiting bodies, what we would normally call a mushroom. While the mycelium likely has some benefit, this testing shows that they don’t concentrate the important components like the real mushrooms do.
I heard about this research from our supplier. Guess what? 3 of the 5 samples that did pass were samples from his company.
This means, we have the real stuff.
So, yes, it’s more expensive, but you get what you pay for. Also note that in most cases these are strongly concentrated extracts, which also increases the price.
The good news is that these mushrooms are all 15% off with our End of Year Sale going on now. Just enter the coupon 2018 when checking out.
- Wu, D., Deng, Y., Chen, L., Zhao, J., Bzhelyansky, A., & Li, S. (2017). Evaluation on quality consistency of Ganoderma lucidum dietary supplements collected in the United States. Scientific Reports, 7(1).
Latest posts by Logan Christopher (see all)
- CRISPR Babies and GMO Foods - January 4, 2019
- Deer Antler Velvet Extract: Benefits of Spray, Tincture, Powder Supplements For Men - December 22, 2018
- Natural Treatment For Diabetes-Induced Erectile Dysfunction - December 1, 2018
- Gut Health Study: How Triphala and Probiotics Extend Life by 60% - November 13, 2018
- Should You Take Herbs When Fasting? - October 30, 2018