Moomiyo resembles a dark tar-like substance and it’s found only in some parts of Central Asia. It is bitter in taste and filled with key nutrients like amino acids, fulvic acids, B-Complex vitamins, hymatomelanic acid, ionic minerals, essential oils and around 45 more micro-nutrients.
It is also more commonly known as shilajit.
According to research in Russia, Moomiyo extract has four main benefits: Anti-inflammatory, Adaptogenic, Anabolic and as a General Remedy.
1. Anti-Inflammatory – Moomiyo is one of the most popular natural anti-inflammatory used in traditional Indian medicine, but athletes from Russia have been using it for quite some time as well, in order to speed up the recovery and reduce muscle soreness.
2. Adaptogenic – Moomiyo is arguably the most potent adaptogen. Adaptogens are natural substances which are known to reduce stress and prevent fatigue. Professional athletes are especially prone to extreme psychological and physical stress which is successfully aided by Moomiyo to regain energy.
3. Anabolic – Research has shown that Moomiyo is beneficial in helping testosterone from oxidation, which in return helps makes it more available to grow muscle mass when combined with regular strength training. Studies from Russia and America proved that subjects who took Moomiyo have shown faster lean muscle mass growth.
4. General Remedy – Moomiyo has been used in many cultures for centuries as a general remedy. Recent research showed that Moomiyo might truly help with various conditions, ranging from relieving symptoms of common cold to helping in fight against cancer. It is clear that there must be something special about Moomiyo to provide such a wide range of benefits.
Let’s take a look at just one ingredient of Moomiyo, Fulvic Acid. Many of us suffer from mineral deficiencies, and that’s a fact. Moomiyo contains around 70 minerals which work together in a complex way which allows all these minerals to get properly absorbed by our bodies. Fulvic acid also helps to restore electrochemical balance, increase metabolism of proteins, strengthens the immune system and reduces the chance to contract any infection.
We can all agree that these properties are essential for every athlete and that’s why it has been used for such a long time in Russia and most parts of Asia.
Additional Reading on Moomiyo:
- Read our comprehensive guide about shilajit and moomiyo here.
- Moomiyo Wikipedia
- Moomiyo side effects
- The Truth about Moomiyo Part 1 and Part 2