If you want to feel the effects of herbs immediately, there are a few things you can do.
One of the best categories of herbs to work with is the nervines. From Chinese medicine, the shen tonics, would largely include this group.
Sometimes doing them back to back like this can be helpful, but if you’re focused on one herb, it can be best to focus on a single herb.
Closing your eyes, tuning into the sensations of the taste and your body will help you to get a feel for the herbs.
Notice any shifts in your breathing, like taking a deeper breath or sighing.
Notice as stress may melt away in one area of the body or more.
Notice how the clarity or quality of your thinking may change.
And, of course, these are all just starting points of focus.
As mentioned, feeling nervines and shen tonics is a great place to start. And once you’ve tried this, you can do the same thing with any other herb, though the feelings will be different.
Also keep in mind, that although you may be able to feel noticeable effects right away, many of these herbs will bring greater effects when taken regularly over time.
Latest posts by Logan Christopher (see all)
- “Get-Out-of-the-Slumps” Drink - February 5, 2019
- Kettlebell Athlete Case Study: Spartan Formula - January 22, 2019
- CRISPR Babies and GMO Foods - January 4, 2019
- Deer Antler Velvet Extract: Benefits of Spray, Tincture, Powder Supplements For Men - December 22, 2018
- Natural Treatment For Diabetes-Induced Erectile Dysfunction - December 1, 2018