This new videos covers the benefits of holding your breath as well as recommendations for practicing it.
Some of the key points in this video:
- By working on holding your breath you can improve your endurance and conditioning.
- Breath holds should be trained progressively, adding a little bit at a time.
- Uptake more oxygen before holding your breath by hyperventilating or through other breathing methods.
- Three minutes is a good goal to shoot for.
- Keeping still is the easiest way to begin, but other methods can involve breath holds while exercising.
- Holding your breath, especially under water, forces blood flow into your organs, improving their health, and possibly your cognition as well.
- It is a great thing to do in the fresh air at the start of your mornings.
Not mentioned in the video, but recently I’ve also been taking “lung herbs” before this practice which I believe helps. One of the best lung herbs out there is cordyceps sinensis.