It’s been a while since I made my way into a 7-11.
But I certainly use to go there as a kid. And yes was a fan of Slurpees!
Just imagining main lining that much corn syrup now gives me shivers.
And who knows what food colorings, artificial flavors and other chemicals are inside of them.
I stumbled on this clip from The Simpsons that reminded me about them. (The Squishee being basically the same thing.)
The All Syrup Super Squishee from The Simpsons
So I got to thinking about these recently and thought, why can’t there be a healthier version.
And I got to experimenting in the lab (in this case, my kitchen).
On my first attempt I put in way too much seabuckthorn and schisandra. Too sour.
But my second attempt came out much better.
And I wanted to share this recipe with you here.
Blend and then enjoy. Serves two to four people.
You can also skip the ice but then pour the mixture into icetrays or popsicle makers.
I tried it out on one of my nieces and she liked it.
It’s still a fair amount of sugar, but nothing compared to a Slurpee. And instead of lots of fake crap inside it’s loaded with immune system benefits, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and so much more.
You’ll find out why they call goji the “happy berry,” as this drink will brighten your eyes and make you smile.
Latest posts by Logan Christopher (see all)
- CRISPR Babies and GMO Foods - January 4, 2019
- Deer Antler Velvet Extract: Benefits of Spray, Tincture, Powder Supplements For Men - December 22, 2018
- Natural Treatment For Diabetes-Induced Erectile Dysfunction - December 1, 2018
- Gut Health Study: How Triphala and Probiotics Extend Life by 60% - November 13, 2018
- Should You Take Herbs When Fasting? - October 30, 2018