We sell lots of powders here at Lost Empire Herbs. This is quite a bit different from the pills and capsules most people take.
While there are certain benefits that come from tasting the herbs, cluing your body into what to do with them, some of them just plain taste horrible.
That’s why we now have pine pollen available in capsules and soon will have a few of our herbs and formulas in them as well.
Still, we wanted to create this post to show you how you can encapsulate powdered herbs yourself.
There are two easy methods both of which are shown in this video, with additional steps below.
The By Hand Method of Encapsulation
- Pour the powder into a small bowl.
- Open up your gelatin or vegetarian capsule, with one end in each hand.
- Scoop up the powder into each side, making sure they’re full.
- Push both ends together so that it’s secure.
- Put pill aside and repeat.
It’s quite simple. It’s just time-consuming if you’re going to do a lot.
Feel free to do this process while keeping your attention occupied with conversation, listening to a podcast or watching a video.
The Small Machine Method of Encapsulation
You can buy a small kit that allows you to do 50 or 100 capsules at a time.
Note that each one is designed for specific size capsules. This may be “O”, “OO”, or “OOO”. Just make sure you have the right size capsules with the right machine or you will be frustrated.
- Open up the machine and insert each end of the capsules into the respective slots, on the top and bottom.
- Add powder into the machine and move around until each capsule is filled evenly. Sometimes there is a tamper so you can squeeze down the powder, then add more.
- Insert the top and close down until the capsules are complete.
In my experience, these things never work quite as well as you’d want them to. But they are functional. Depending on how often you want to create capsules this could be worth investing in. Some of them are relatively cheap as well.
You can find a few of these machines on Amazon such as this one. You can also often find them in organic food stores, especially if they carry bulk herbs.
And now a question for you…
Would you like it if we sourced a good quality and decently priced encapsulation kit and made it available here at Lost Empire? Would you order one?
As a performing strongman he once pulled an 8,800 lb. firetruck by his hair, juggled a kettlebell that was lit on fire, supported half a ton on top of himself in a wrestler’s bridge position, and routinely bends horseshoes and rips decks of cards in half.
Acclaimed as both a visionary and breakthrough author, Logan has written countless works on natural living, culminating in his self-proclaimed magnum opus, "Powered By Nature - How Nature Improves Our Happiness, Health and Performance.” Says longevity guru Peter Ragnar of the work "His passion is contagious! His words fire one's spirit to reconnect with nature's intelligence."
He is Co-Founder and CEO of Lost Empire Herbs, which aims to bring performance herbalism into everyday people’s lives.
When Logan isn't working to save the planet and transform modern herbalism, he busies himself as a consultant to the space program. In his spare time he enjoys memorizing the Fibonacci sequence and bowling perfect games.
Latest posts by Logan Christopher (see all)
- How to Make Elderberry Honey: Simple DIY Recipe - November 7, 2019
- The Feelable Effects of Our Herbs - October 29, 2019
- Pine Pollen and Morning Wood (How well does it really work?) - October 24, 2019
- Why I’m Losing Faith in Science - October 15, 2019
- Shilajit Resin: Daily Anti-Aging Ritual for Longevity - October 7, 2019